Our stores and customer service department will be CLOSED Thursday 25th for the ANZAC Day public holiday. (*our website is Always Open!)

Prince And The Revolution - Purple Rain 180g LP

SKU
POS-139486
In stock
$69

This high-quality reissue of Purple Rain is the 2015 Paisley Park remaster, overseen by Prince himself. Presented in the original 1984 packaging and includes a poster.

Prince And The Revolution – Purple Rain [2015 Paisley Park Remaster]

Track Listing

A1: Let's Go Crazy
A2: Take Me With U
A3: The Beautiful Ones
A4: Computer Blue
A5: Darling Nikki

B1: When Doves Cry
B2: I Would Die 4 U
B3: Baby I'm A Star
B4: Purple Rain

180-Gram Vinyl Reissue with Original 1984 Packaging.

Purple Rain is the sixth studio album by American recording artist Prince. It is the first to feature the billing of his band the Revolution. Purple Rain was musically denser than Prince’s previous albums, emphasizing full-band performances, and multiple layers of guitars, keyboards, electronic synthesizer effects, drum machines, and other instruments.

The DNA of Purple Rain can be felt throughout pop culture at large. It is a timeless body of work with an immortal resonance exemplified by smashes such as Let’s Go Crazy, When Doves Cry, Darling Nikki, the title track Purple Rain and more. Minted Diamond by the RIAA for sales exceeding 13 million, the record stands out as the sixth best-selling soundtrack album in history, moving more than 22 million copies. Hailed by Vanity Fair as “the best soundtrack of all time,” Time Magazine placed it as the 15th greatest album ever. The album won two 1985 Grammy Awards® in the categories of “Best Rock Vocal Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal” and “Best Album of Original Score Written for a Motion Picture or Television Special.” Posthumously, it was honoured as “Favorite Soundtrack” at the 2016 American Music Awards. It was also nominated for a 2017 Billboard Music Award in the category of “Top Soundtrack / Cast Album.”

Album Credits

Mastered By [KPG@CA etching] – Kevin Gray
Mastered By [Originally Mastered By] – Bernie Grundman
Remastered By [LP Remastered By] – Prince

Release Information

Label: Warner Bros. Records, NPG Records – 9362-49302-4

Format:
Vinyl, LP, Album, Reissue, Remastered, 180 gram

Released: 2017

Genre: Funk / Soul, Pop

Style: Pop Rock, Minneapolis Sound

More Information
Model Number T01587
RRP 69.00
Write Your Own Review
You're reviewing:Prince And The Revolution - Purple Rain 180g LP
Your Rating
12 Months
All of our products include a minimum 12 month Australian warranty.

Problems?
If you experience any issues with this product please don't hesitate to contact us.
How much does delivery cost?
We offer free post on all orders over $29 to anywhere within the Australian mainland and Tasmania.

Can I pick up my purchase from your store?
Yes. You can usually pick up your order from one of our stores. We recommend that you contact us first to ensure your order is ready for collection.

What happens if I'm not happy with my product when it arrives?
All change of mind returns must be in as new condition, in original packaging. We provide a generous 30-day change-of-mind guarantee on our products (unless otherwise stated). All change of mind returns must be in as new condition, in original packaging.

Please visit our FAQ page for answers to other frequently asked questions or contact us if you have any other questions or comments.