The BluStream HSP14CS 4K HDBaseT CSC HDMI splitter distributes a single HDMI 4K 60Hz 4:4:4 source to four simultaneous HDBaseT outputs with independent down-scaling of 4K video inputs to allow those displays only capable of supporting lower video resolutions to receive 4K video while still showing maximum original 4K UHD resolution on the higher-definition displays.
It transmits HDMI, Bi-directional IR and PoH (PoE) up to lengths of 70m (40m 4K 60Hz 4:4:4) over a single CAT cable. The 4-Way splitter also features audio breakout, EDID management and HDMI loop out for integrating local displays or cascading to multiple devices.
Please Note: This is not a complete system. The BluStream HEX70CS-RX HDBaseT Receiver is required for proper function.
- Advanced HDBaseT technology offering distribution of video and audio over a single CAT cable
- Advanced Colour Space Conversion (CSC) supports HDMI 18Gbps and HDR
- Features 1 x HDMI input that is replicated to 4 x HDBaseT outputs
- Features 1 x HDMI loop out for integrating local displays or cascading to multiple devices
- Supports 4K 60Hz 4:4:4 UHD video up to 40m
- Independent down-scaling of video input resolutions up to 4K 60Hz 4:4:4 to the following formats *:
-- 1080p 60Hz (for screens that do not support 4K)
-- 4K 60Hz 4:2:0 (for screens that do not support full 4K 60Hz 4:4:4)
- HDCP 2.2 support
- Extends HDMI 1080p up to a distance of 70m over single CAT cable
- Supports all industry standard video resolutions including VGA-WUXGA and 480i-4K
- Supports all known HDMI audio formats including Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos, Dolby Digital Plus and DTS-HD Master Audio transmission
- HDMI audio breakout to both analogue L/R audio and coaxial digital outputs concurrently
- Supports PoH (Power over HDBaseT) to power compatible HDBaseT receivers
- Compatible with the following Blustream HDBaseT receivers:
-- HEX70CS-RX (recommended for resolutions up to 4K 60Hz 4:4:4)
-- Also compatible with HEX70B-RX & HEX70ED-RX (system will be limited to 4K 60Hz 4:2:0 8-bit maximum)
* Please note: downscaling feature does not support 4K 4:2:2 input signals
Due to the data rate of HDBaseT™ technology being capped at 10.2Gbps, it is unable to pass the latest native 4K UHD resolutions of 4K 60Hz 4:4:4. There is now a requirement to integrate video resolutions with data speeds up to 18Gbps across a multi-zone AV environment. Blustream have implemented CSC (Colour Space Conversion) technology into our latest products to ensure 4K HDR signals can now be supported over the 10.2Gbps infrastructure of HDBaseT™. Colour Space Conversion reduces the data rate of the HDMI signal by converting the colour space (or Wide Colour Gamut) from 4:4:4 or 4:2:2 to a lower format. Within Colour Space Conversion technology the native resolution, frame rate and colour depth all remain constant from end to end. The only part of the signal that is converted during transmission is the colour gamut. Blustream CSC products do not support HDR10+ or Dolby Vision due to the way these specific variations of HDR are encoded. These codecs transmit repeated metadata packets throughout the transmission of any media making it impossible at this stage to convert in the same way using CSC technology.
Reference Guide (PDF, 130KB)