This listing is for the Planar 6 without a cartridge. For bundled cartridge packages please see the following:
Planar 6 + Ania MC Cartridge
Planar 6 + Exact MM Cartridge
Winner of the What Hi-Fi Sound & Vision Awards 2017 - "Best turntable £1200+"
Winner of the 2019 Sound+Image Awards TURNTABLE OF THE YEAR $1500-$3000
Rega have engineered every aspect of this turntable to extract as much detail from the vinyl surface as possible. Advanced materials and engineering solutions have been used throughout the design to ensure the greatest level of performance. The Neo PSU offers electronic speed change, advanced anti-vibration control and user adjustable electronic fine speed adjustment only found on the RP10 until now.
*This listing is for the Planar 6 without cartridge. Images show the Ania MC cartridge.
User Manual (PDF, 162KB)
- NEO power supply included
- Super lightweight foam core plinth
- New Polaris HPL (high pressure laminate)
- 'Polaris Grey' matte finish
- High-gloss black polymer edge trim
- Non-marking & scratch-resistant matte finish
- Upgraded white drive belt fitted as standard
- Custom dual layer smoked / clear float glass platter
- Single piece aluminium sub platter
- Custom machined high precision drive pulley
- Patent pending, ultra-low friction central brass hub
- Rega’s double brace technology
- RB330 handmade precision tonearm
- New high spec Rega 24v low noise synchronous motor
- Each motor is matched by hand to its own NEO PSU
- New smoked dust cover
- New aluminium foot trims and Planar style feet
The Planar 6 is built around the huge success of the RP8 and RP10 turntables. It is the first new Rega turntable to be constructed with an ultra lightweight Tancast 8 polyurethane foam core plinth (a material developed for the aerospace industry). This material is sandwiched between a new HPL (high pressure laminate). HPL is exceptionally thin yet extremely rigid and is presented in a stunning Polaris matte grey finished with high gloss polymer black edge trim.
The Planar 6 now benefits from a single piece, machined aluminium sub-platter, a new 24v motor hand tuned and matched to its own NEO power supply and custom drive pulley fitted with our upgrade drive belt as standard.
The Neo PSU uses the RP10 DSP (digital signal processing) generator built upon a high stability crystal. The DSP generator will divide the accurate signal from the crystal to the exact frequency required to turn the platter at the selected speed. The DSP generator will also produce a near perfect sinusoidal waveform to drive the motor. This, along with an efficient drive amplifier, generates a 24V AC balanced signal of less than 0.15% distortion, which is completely un-affected by any changes in the mains/line voltage and conditions. This then drives the turntables anti-vibration circuit, which is situated beneath the turntable.
Dimensions Neo PSU