All computing devices, including laptops, smartphones, Network Attached Storage devices (NAS drives), media servers, etc, inherently generate noise and parasitic resonances. Additionally, computers can contribute a considerable amount of RFI (radio frequency interference) and EMI (electromagnetic interference) noise onto the signal paths - all of which can easily find its way into your USB cables and then into your audio system. This noise and interference can increase jitter and packet errors, resulting in distortion that causes a comparatively flat and irritating sound. Noise-compromised analog circuitry can also damage the sound’s depth, warmth and resolution.
JitterBug's dual-circuitry is designed to reduce unwanted noise currents and parasitic resonances. It also reduces jitter and packet errors (in some cases, packet errors are completely eliminated).
Clearer and more compelling noise-free sound, music, etc. In other words, a better audio experience.
- Dual Discrete Noise-Dissipation Circuits
- Reduces the noise and ringing that plague both the data and power lines of USB ports
- Measurably reduces jitter and packet errors
- Improves dynamic contrast, warmth and resolution
- Made in USA
- Simply use one JitterBug (inline) when plugging a USB DAC (digital-to-analog converter) into your computer.
- If other USB devices are being used, use an additional* JitterBug in parallel with the first to filter any possible noise coming from those devices.
- JitterBug can be used with various other locally connected USB devices, such as hard drives, printers, mobile phones, NAS drives and cameras, to effectively reduce audio interference.
*It is recommended that a maximum of two JitterBugs be used on any given USB bus. If your computer has more than one USB bus, make sure only two JitterBugs are used per bus. If you are unsure if your computer has multiple USB buses, play it safe and assume you only have one. If multiple USB devices are required to be connected, you can use a USB hub to connect all devices through a 2nd JitterBug to keep any possible noise out of your system.
User Manual (PDF, 990KB)