Now, professional surround-sound excitement is easier and more accessible than ever before. The TL1600 is a complete home theatre system, with four TL1 satellite speakers, a TL1 centre speaker and a professionally-matched TL1600 powered subwoofer. The TL1600 is everything you need to get started, and it packs the accumulated wallop of Polk's 30 years of award-winning compact speaker know-how.
- Featuring Polk's patented Dynamic Balance® driver technology
- Built-in keyhole slots and threaded inserts
- Acoustically inert curved enclosure
- Gold-plated, 5-way binding posts
- High Gloss Black or White finish
User Manual (PDF)
The TL series speakers feature Polk's patented proprietary Dynamic Balance technology which allows Polk's engineers to design out distortion-causing driver and system resonances, so you only hear the good sounds.
A super-small long-throw Dynamic Balance® mid-bass driver, delivers an astonishingly smooth, flat frequency response, superior transparency and detail, and the surprising ability to play really, really loud for such a small speaker.
Matched with the mid/bass driver is a silk dome tweeter that delivers the classic, clear, detailed Polk performance, with pinpoint imaging and smooth highs that are never tiring.
An aperiodic-tuned rear-firing bass port combines the extension of a ported enclosure with the smoother low-end of an acoustic suspension enclosure, controlling port air flow for the kind of big bass response, and perfect speaker-subwoofer blending, you'd never expect from a loudspeaker you can hold in the palm of your hand.
Time Lens® technology aligns the acoustic centres of the tweeter and mid-bass driver on the same spatial plane for superior imaging, while an acoustic lens incorporated in the grille smooths the tweeter's frequency response.
Because of its Extended Linear Motion motor structure, the moving parts of the drivers used in the TL Series can move farther, more smoothly, in a smaller space than any other speaker driver in an enclosure this size, achieving the kind of dynamic response (clarity, volume) you'd expect from much larger speakers.
The TL series feature a high gloss "Blackstone" finish, a durable, deep automotive-strength finish that matches today's most stylish flat-panel TVs and furniture.
Gold-plated, professional-style 5-way binding posts, for the most secure connection options.
- Heavy-Duty, Non-Resonant MDF Enclosures feature an elegant satin black finish that creates the ideal décor accent.
- Downward Firing Powered Subwoofer. A compact vented enclosure with an 8" long-throw Dynamic Balance poly composite driver. The long driver excursion and excellent linearity produce big, musical bass.
- Built-In 50 Watt Continuous/100 Watt Peak Amp with active crossover offers the control you need for real home theater thrills and big, musical, accurate bass.
|Model Number||TL1600BK TL1700WH|