The new Apple TV 4K brings the best of TV together with your favourite Apple devices and services — in a powerful experience that will transform your lounge room.
The new Apple TV 4K, now in its 2nd generation, gives you the performance you’re looking for straight out of the box. Its 4K High Frame Rate HDR, with Dolby Atmos sound capabilities, delivers a truly cinematic experience to your screen — whether you’re watching sport or a movie. You can enjoy content from Apple TV+, Amazon Prime Video, Netflix and Disney+.
The Siri Remote (2nd generation), with its all-new touch-enabled clickpad, gives you precise control. Click titles, swipe through playlists, and use a circular gesture on the outer ring to find just the scene you’re looking for.
• 4K and Dolby Vision for stunning picture quality
• High Frame Rate HDR for fluid, crisp video
• Dolby Atmos for immersive, room-filling sound
• Use your iPhone to calibrate colour
• 64GB internal storage for apps and games
• A12 Bionic chip brings more performance to your TV
• New 2nd generation Siri remote with touch-enabled clickpad and Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity
• Watch original stories from the most creative minds in TV and film on Apple TV+
• The best shows, movies, sport and live TV.
• Get one free year of Apple TV+ with purchase
• Play groundbreaking, new original games from Apple Arcade
• Use AirPlay to view photos and videos from your iPhone and iPad on your TV
• Ask Siri to search for movies, shows, and games with the Siri Remote
• Netflix, HBO NOW, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, and thousands more apps in the App Store
• Dual-band WiFi and Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity
Look no further than Apple TV 4K with Dolby Vision to elevate your entertainment to its most vivid. Then fully immerse yourself in three-dimensional audio with a Dolby Atmos–compatible sound system1, and you’ll see how Apple TV 4K brings home a truly cinematic experience.
4K gives you a crisper picture using four times more pixels than standard HD. High Dynamic Range (HDR) delivers brighter, more realistic colours and greater detail. From the hottest new movie to your favourite TV show, everything is more lifelike than ever.
Adjusting your television settings to get the best picture quality can be frustrating. Not anymore. Apple TV 4K now works with your iPhone to automatically calibrate what you watch. Just point your iPhone at your TV screen once, then sit back and see how amazing your shows and movies are supposed to look.
At twice the frame rate for High Dynamic Range (HDR) video, Apple TV 4K delivers brighter, more realistic colours and greater detail. Fast-action sports look incredibly smooth. Nature documentaries come alive. And YouTube videos jump off the screen.
Combine Apple TV 4K with a Dolby Atmos–compatible sound system or with HomePod and you’re fully immersed in three‑dimensional audio that sends sound around and above you with pinpoint precision. Whether a jet zooms overhead or a torrential downpour erupts, the true-to-life sound puts you inside the action. And as the first streaming player to be certified for both Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos, Apple TV 4K brings home the complete cinematic experience.
From period pieces to shows that rule the day, Apple TV 4K has great programming from apps like Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, Disney+, BINGE and Kayo Sports — and critically acclaimed Apple Originals from Apple TV+.
Apple TV teams up with some of the world’s largest TV networks and broadcasters to bring you the live content you care about most. Find sports from apps like NBA, beIN SPORTS CONNECT and Optus Sport. Late-breaking news from apps like ABC iview and CNN. And your favourite shows on apps such as SBS On Demand, 7plus and 9Now.
And now you’ll get even more great on‑demand content with Apple TV, making it truly the best box to connect to your screen.
Apple Original shows and movies from Apple TV+. Thousands of movies to buy or rent. Popular streaming services. It’s personalised and expertly curated, so you’ll discover the best of what’s on. And it’s all in the Apple TV app. On all your screens. It’s the ultimate way to watch TV.
The new Siri Remote brings together speed, fluidity and precise control with a touch-enabled clickpad. Click to easily browse titles on the Apple TV app. Swipe to move through long playlists in Apple Music. Use the familiar circular gesture on the outer ring to fast-forward or rewind, and find just the scene you’re looking for.
A dedicated Siri button is on the side, just like the iPhone. No more typing to find exactly what you’re looking for. Just ask Siri for a movie, show, genre, actor or song you love. Siri also shines when you’re not sure what you want. Just say something like “Show me action movies”, and Siri delivers.
Control it all with iPhone. Good call. Convenient built-in controls appear on your iPhone on the Lock Screen and in Control Centre — so you can easily play, pause, fast-forward, rewind and adjust the volume on your TV.
You get your TV. They get theirs. With multi-user support in Control Centre, all your family members can quickly find only the shows they want to watch. Up Next lists, video and music collections, recommendations and more are tailored to each of you.
With multi-user support for gaming, players can keep track of their individual game levels, leaderboards and invitations — and switch between players on the fly. You can also connect more of your favourite controllers to Apple TV, including the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 and the Xbox Adaptive Controller.
Apple Arcade is a game subscription service unlike any other. There are over 100 new games ready to play, and from mythical landscapes to earth‑shattering explosions, the experience is all too real on your big screen with Apple TV.
Gameplay gets more realistic with the A12 Bionic chip, which powers smoother motion and greater responsiveness.
Multi-user support helps players keep track of their individual game levels, leaderboards and invitations — and switch between players at any time.
And you can connect more of your favourite controllers to Apple TV 4K, including PlayStation and Xbox Wireless controllers.
Get a live view of your front door and keep an eye on all your HomeKit camera feeds. Dim the lights. Set the scene for dinner. Double-check the locks. Apple TV also lets you use your device to control your HomeKit-enabled accessories remotely with the Home app.
Enjoy your photos and videos from iCloud Photos or shared albums on the big screen. Connect Apple Music to your home cinema. And let your friends and family share their photos and videos with AirPlay.
Photos and Videos
Memories automatically creates Collections of your best photos and videos, and Apple TV lets you see them in 4K. If you create Live Photo loops or bounces on your iPhone, you can share those on the big screen too.
Apple Music gives you access to over 75 million songs — and music videos from the ’80s and ’90s to today’s top artists — all on your Apple TV. Discover great music with family and friends and even sing along to your favourite songs — word for word — with the new Lyrics view.
Choose from a catalogue of workouts led by expert trainers.4 In-session metrics from your Apple Watch, like heart rate and calories burned, are shown on your big screen in real-time, so you can focus on your workout and see how you’re doing.
The App Store on Apple TV has something for everyone. Entertainment apps like Amazon Prime Video, Netflix and Stan. Hundreds of top sports, fitness and lifestyle apps. And, of course, a world of games.
Picture in Picture lets you watch a movie while you keep an eye on the game, or check the weather while you binge a TV series — all at the same time.
When the kids go to bed, Audio Sharing lets you connect two sets of AirPods to your Apple TV 4K and still enjoy movies and shows — with every scream, explosion and roar.
Take a look at everything you can share. With AirPlay, you can share the latest movies, vacation photos, music and even 4K HDR videos from your iPhone or iPad to your Apple TV 4K in their full resolution.
Connect HomePod to Apple TV 4K and hear the latest movies, shows, music and games in immersive stereo, 5.1 and 7.1 surround sound or Dolby Atmos audio.
* New subscribers only. A$7.99 per month after free trial. One subscription per Family Sharing group. A Family Sharing group has a maximum of six family members. Offer is good for three months after eligible device is activated. Plan automatically renews until cancelled. Restrictions and other terms apply. Apple TV+ requires a subscription.
* Not all content is available in 4K or 4K HDR. 4K resolution requires a 4K-capable TV. Accessing Dolby Atmos features requires Dolby Atmos–capable devices. Playback quality will depend on hardware and internet connection.
* Subscription may be required to access some content. Title availability is subject to change. Some applications are not available in all areas. Application availability is subject to change.
* Apple TV+, Apple Fitness+, Apple Music and Apple Arcade require a subscription.
* Subscription may be required to access some content.
* Game controllers work with selected games and are sold separately. Availability may vary by country or region.
* iCloud requires an iCloud-enabled device. Some features require iOS 13, iPadOS or macOS Catalina or later. Some features require a Wi-Fi connection. Some features are not available in all countries or regions. Access to some services is limited to 10 devices.
* Not all content is available in 5.1 and 7.1 surround sound or Dolby Atmos audio. Dolby Atmos features may not be available for all titles and languages.
* Dolby Atmos features require Dolby Atmos–capable devices and may not be available for all titles and languages.
* AirPlay is compatible with the second-generation Apple TV or later.
* Subscription may be required to access some content. Not all content is available in 4K or 4K HDR. 4K resolution requires 4K-capable TV. Title and app availability are subject to change. Some apps are not available in all areas
A12 Bionic chip with 64-bit architecture
Ports and Interfaces
- HDMI 2.1
- Bluetooth® 5.0 wireless technology
- H.264/HEVC SDR video up to 2160p, 60 fps, Main/Main 10 Profile
HE-AAC (V1), AAC (up to 320 Kbps), protected AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (up to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Apple Lossless, FLAC, AIFF and WAV; AC-3 (Dolby Digital 5.1), E-AC-3 (Dolby Digital Plus 7.1 surround sound) and Dolby Atmos
HEIF, JPEG, GIF, TIFF
- Purchases, rentals and Home Sharing require an Apple ID that you use for the App Store and other Apple services.
- Compatible with HD and UHD TVs with HDMI
Accessibility features help people with disabilities get the most out of their Apple TV. With built‑in support for vision, hearing, physical and motor skills, and learning and literacy, you can easily find and enjoy your favourite entertainment.
Size & Weight - Apple TV Unit
Height: 35 mm
Size & Weight - Siri Remote
Height: 136 mm
In the Box
- Apple TV 4K
Apple TV and the Environment
Apple takes a complete product life cycle approach to determining our environmental impact. We’re committed to making our products without taking from the earth, and to becoming carbon-neutral across our entire business, including our products, by 2030. Apple TV 4K and the Siri Remote are designed with the following features to reduce their environmental impact:
Made with better materials
- 100% of virgin wood fibre comes from responsibly managed forests
* Weight may vary by configuration and manufacturing process.