Volume Control with IR Receiver
This wall mount volume control with built-in IR receiver is designed to connect between the speaker outputs of an amplifier or receiver and a pair of speakers. It is perfect if your amplifier is in a different room to your speakers, and you don't want to go to another room just to adjust the volume.
This volume control wall plate features impedance matching, so you can safely connect multiple pairs of speakers to this switch without causing any damage to your amplifier. Using the impedance matching, you can configure the wall plate to maintain then appropriate load on your amplifier. Configuration charts are included, to assist you with proper installation.
Infrared IR Receiver / Sensor
This Wall Plate also has an infrared receiver, which can be incorporated into an Infrared IR Extender / Repeater System, to allow you to control your device from another room.
Remote Control Extender Systems
Infrared (IR) Remote Control Extender / Repeater Systems allow you to extend the path of the IR signal from your remote control. This allows you to control devices that are hidden away (ie. in a cabinet, cupboard, or in another room!).
This listing is only for the IR Volume Control Wall Plate. It is not for an entire IR system.
- Rotary control of volume level and speaker on / off
- IR receiver
- LED indicator for source component on/off status
- Impedance matching
- Screws supplied
Volume Control component
- Power Handling (per channel): 100w RMS continuous / 300W Max
- Input impedance: Configurable to 1x, 2x, 4x or 8x impedance matching
- Impedance Matching Charts included for ease of configuration
- Terminals accept up to 12 gauge wire
- Attenuation: 12 steps including off; total attenuation 54dB
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz, +/- 2dB at rated power
- Mounting: Fits standard single-gang electrical junction boxes
- Dimensions: 42(W) x 103(H) x 103(D) mm
- Weight: 456g
- Receiver Frequency: 34kHz to 40kHz
- Transmit Frequency: 38kHz
- Range: Up to 24 metres (80 ft)
- Mains Power: 12VDC, 31mA max
- Status Power: 12VDC, 3mA max
- Wire Requirements: 2 twisted pair, with or without shielding
Some remote controls now use Bluetooth instead of infrared. Please note that Bluetooth remotes are not compatible with this product. This product only works with infrared remote controls. If you're unsure, please feel free to email or call our friendly experts.